Home

XDocument query

xml.Descendants ().Where (p => p.Name.LocalName == Name of the node to find) where xml is a XDocument. Be aware that the property Name returns an object that has a LocalName and a Namespace. That's why you have to use Name.LocalName if you want to compare by name Loads an XDocument from an XmlReader, optionally setting the base URI, and retaining line information. Load Async (Stream, Load Options, Cancellation Token) Asynchronously creates a new XDocument and initializes its underlying XML tree from the specified stream, optionally preserving white space An XDocument object that reads the data that is contained in the stream How to get the right elements with XDocument query | Test your C# code online with .NET Fiddle code editor

Querying an XDocument vs. Querying an XElement (C#) Explains the differences between writing queries on an XML tree that is rooted in XElement and writing queries on an XML tree that is rooted in XDocument. How to find descendants with a specific element name (C#) Shows how to find all the descendants of an element that have a specific name How can I query an XDocument with a 'path'? 15. Weirdness with XDocument, XPath and namespaces. 12. How do I get an IXmlNamespaceResolver. 9. How to get child and grandchild elements from XML element? 3. Linq2XML can't find element with namespace. 0. Add element to XML C#. 1 Query an XDocument for elements by name at any depth. 374. Populate XDocument from String. 15. XDocument or XElement parsing of XML element containing namespaces. 195. Converting XDocument to XmlDocument and vice versa. 548. XDocument or XmlDocument. 59. Use Linq to Xml with Xml namespaces. 15

c# - Query an XDocument for elements by name at any depth

Query an XDocument vs. Query an XElement, It then queries for the child elements of the root of the tree. C# Copy. // Create a simple document and Querying tree loaded with XElement.Load ---- <Child1>1</Child1> <Child2>2</Child2> <Child3>3</Child3> Example: Load an XML tree using XDocument.Load, then query for child elements While using LINQ to XML, loading XML documents into memory is easy and more easier is querying and document modification. It is also possible to save XML documents existing in memory to disk and to serialize them. It eliminates the need for a developer to learn the XML query language which is somewhat complex query has no results. But. If I write xmlFile.Elements().Elements(Band) so it Does find it. What is the problem ? Is the full path from the Root needed ? And if so , Why did it work without specify AllBands? Does the XDocument Navigation require me to know the full level structure down to the required element

XDocument.Query(); // Restore the default table command (for the next time). XDocument.QueryAdapter.Command = strOrigSQLCommand; } I'd like to refactor the code above, specifically the part dealing with XPath, but every attempt I've made breaks the form. I hope someone find this code helpful, and if anyone can succesfully refactor the XPath bit. 2) Query on XML Document . 3) Adding/Appending New Nodes . 4) Deleting Particular Node. Jump on LINQ with simple example . To use XDocument, XElement, or XAttribute we need to include System.Xml.Linq namespace in our code. We will see all the point one by one with example. Let's start with XDocument. Example1: Load un-parsed XML string into. In this post, I'll show you how to create LINQ to XML queries that don't require you to first load and cache XML content into the in-memory LINQ to XML DOM (that is, without first populating an XDocument or XElement query source), but instead operate against an input stream implemented with a C# custom iterator method and an old-fashioned XmlReader object XDocument 4.3.0 Provides the classes for Language-Integrated Query (LINQ) to Extensible Markup Language (XML). LINQ to XML is an in-memory XML programming interface that enables you to modify XML documents efficiently and easily The problem is that Elements only takes the direct child elements of whatever you call it on. If you want all descendants, use the Descendants method:. var query = from c in xmlFile.Descendants(Band) How to get the right elements with XDocument query, How to get the right elements with XDocument query | Test your C# code online with .NET Fiddle code editor

Big thanks to Ion Vasilian for setting me straight with this LINQ to XML Query! First we load the XML into an XDocument and ask for the attributes hanging off the root, but we just want namespace declarations. XDocument z = XDocument.Parse (s); var result = z.Root.Attributes (). Where (a => a.IsNamespaceDeclaration) Hi all, I have two XML files as below, how can I using LINQ to query the data and the result similar as bottom Result for the layout format similar as below (no need to calculate purchase qty) Customer = Kathy prod_name price ===== ===== Dryer 500 Camera 200 Total = $700 Customer = Joe p · Here is a sample query and an example how to output to the. Query Xml document by node type with Linq: 29. Query Descendants And Self: 30. XDocument.NodeType Property returns the node type for this node. 31. XDocument.Root Property returns the root element of the XML Tree for this document. 32. XDocument.WriteTo writes this document to an XmlWriter

XDocument Class (System

1. Get XElement from XDocument C#. Get XElement from XDocument, Get XElement from XDocument · c# xml linq-to-xml. I have XML <s:Envelope xmlns:s Query an XDocument vs. Query an XElement, It then queries for the child elements of the root of the tree. C# Copy. // Create a simple document an
  2. g. 8 Comments 1 Solution 651 Views Last Modified: 12/17/201
  3. g
  4. Query Xml document by node type with Linq: 30. Query Descendants And Self: 31. XDocument.NodeType Property returns the node type for this node. 32. XDocument.Root Property returns the root element of the XML Tree for this document. 33. XDocument.WriteTo writes this document to an XmlWriter
  5. Query the XDocument with special charecters in Element name using LINQ. Here is the code to query XDocument using LINQ Expression to get the ProgramBase Records which has special charecters in the element name. Sample Xml File
  6. (How to)Read XML file using XDocument and build dynamic SQL query? Please Sign up or sign in to vote. 2.00/5 (1 vote) See more: VB. XML. Hi, Here I wrote a function ReadXML().This function reads XML file and returns a string.The string contains all the XML file nodes values to build SQL query dynamically. Any way My code is working

XDocument.Load Method (System.Xml.Linq) Microsoft Doc

This chapter covers: LINQ to XML query axis methods. Querying XML documents using LINQ to XML. Transforming XML. Over the last several years, many websites have begun to offer public XML web services that allow developers to access the data inside their site. Amazon.com provides a set of e-commerce web services that allow you to search their. In linq query xdocument.Descendants will return a IEnumarable XElement collection. Lets take an example XML file which conatins country and city list. Take two dropdown lists, the first one has to be filled with counties list by reading xml. And when user select country from the dropdown, get the cities list in that country from the xml and. The language syntax can be very simple as you will see in the examples. They require compiler support to use. Only languages that are designed to work with Linq can be used with the advanced query: Language Integrated Query - note that the name says integrated The following extension methods enabled us to execute XPath-queries case-insensitive. C#. Copy Code. public static class XDocumentExtensions { /// Transform the elements in the XDocument to all lower case /// Only the elements are affected, not the attributes public static XDocument TransformToLowerCaseElements ( this XDocument value ) { value.

var document = XDocument.Load(filePath); } Let's start with XPath syntax one by one to select nodes based on your requirement. Selecting Nodes . Select all Courses and trainings nodes using '//' symbol for all elements. //select all Courses Node irrespective of where it is defined One overload of XDocument.Load receives a URI (file path). Since the xml file uses a namespace, we must query with the namespace AND element name. A Linq query utilizing C# 6 syntax to accommodate for the possibility of null values. Every . used in this query has the potential to return a null set if the condition finds no elements

Now as soon as we get a valid XDocument object, we are ready to apply the linq operation on it. To specify the elements to be queried, we need to use xDocObject.Descendants(elementTagName) pattern. You can see we have used similar expression on the linq query. While selecting, you can either create a dynamic object with the properties you. The XDocument is used to select the items to display via its Descendants property in the from clause. I will basically query each of the site elements within the XML document In simple terms It provides flexibility to pull out the data from XML using a LINQ query by filtering the data based on element. Step 1: Create a new ASP.Net Web Forms Application. Step 2: The complete code of Employee.xml looks like this In this code sample, the Load method of the XDocument class is executed to retrieve the XML document from the previous examples, and then a LINQ query is applied to the XDocument object. The select clause creates an anonymous type containing OrderID, CustomerID, and Freight

How to Parse RSS and ATOM Feeds in C# - CODE-AI

Video: How to get the right elements with XDocument query C#

Basic Queries (LINQ to XML) Microsoft Doc

Download example - 34.51 KB ; Introduction. This article demonstrates how to parse XML documents using XMLDocument as well as XDocument.Background XML and the parsing of XML documents are very old topics and it is not very common for us to directly work on XML documents.But once in a while, you may find that you are given some raw XML documents and you need to parse them Instead of using the regular XML library and commands, we can use LINQ to build a query to extract the information we desire, and place it into our object list. In case you are not familiar with LINQ, here is a quick overview on it: Language Integrated Query (LINQ, pronounced link) is a Microsoft .NET Framework component that adds native. This library is intended to be used with LINQ (as the namespace suggests). It allows us to quickly create documents, or browse elements using LINQ. The price fir this convenience is that we lose the DOM standard and XPath query. One of feature of XDocument is that we can use object as content, XDocument converts the objects to node or attribute. The XPath query /Persons/Person/Age tells that get Age element that is a child of a Person element which is a child of the Persons element. All the matching nodes will then be returned as an XmlNodeList. We used a foreach loop to print each age in a text box. Figure 2 shows you some XPath operations that you can use to query specific nodes I can only keep making these videos with your support. Please LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to my channel. If you have questions, join our Google+ Community: http://b..

XDocument(System.Xml.Linq) is from the LINQ to XML API and XmlDocument(System.Xml.XmlDocument) is the standard DOM-style API for XML.; If you're using .NET version 3.0 or lower, you have to use XmlDocument, the classic DOM API. On the other hand, if you are using .NET version 3.5 onwards, you need to use XDocument _XDocument_Query method _XDocument_Save method _XDocument_SaveAs method _XDocument_SetDataVariable method _XDocument_Submit method _XDocument3_CloseDocument method _XDocument3_CreateDOM method _XDocument3_GetDataVariable method _XDocument3_GetDOM method _XDocument3_GetNamedNodeProperty metho Query the XDocument with special charecters in Element name using LINQ April 8, 2010 . Here is the code to query XDocument using LINQ Expression to get the ProgramBase Records which has special charecters in the element name. Sample Xml Fil The primary classes you will use to build a new XML document will be the XDocument, XElement and XAttribute classes. Creating a new XML document can easily be done with LINQ to XML as following: As usual, when creating XML we start by creating the document which has 1 root node, which in our case is the XElement with name Customers

XLinq is an XML query language that inherits from the LINQ query foundation. You can use it to query XLinq objects such as XElement, XDocument, etc using LINQ query facilities. Performing a Simple Query XDocument.Parse creates a new XDocument from a string. 26. XDocument.Parse Method creates a new XDocument from a string, optionally preserving white space: 27. XDocument.Root Property gets the root element of the XML Tree for this document. 28. XDocument.Save (String) serialize this XDocument to a file, overwriting an existing file, if it. As fore mentioned, LINQ to XML is just a specialized LINQ to Objects, so all the LINQ to Objects queries can be used in LINQ to XML queries. LINQ to XML provides many additional functions and queries for XML tree navigation, ordering, XPath querying, etc. The following list shows these functions and their return types

Xamarin - Create iOS, Android, Mac and Windows apps in C#

C# XElement Example Use the XElement type to load an XML file into memory. Invoke XElement.Load and Elements. dot net perls. XElement loads and parses XML. It allows you to eliminate the possibility of bugs and typos. Here we see an example of XElement from LINQ. We use it to load (and query) an XML document C# - LINQ Where Examples. Where is a LINQ functionality to filter data in a query with given criteria. Each of below examples is presented in C# with both Lambda and Query expression. 1. Collection of strings - single condition. Query collection to get items which start with b

The second part of the query matches all the product descendants of order elements; however, this is where things start to get interesting. Whilst the first Descendants method in the above query is defined on XDocument, the second Descendants method that follows it is not In second snippet, the LINQ query is used where 'XDocument' loads an XML document to memory then an extension method 'Descendants' is called which returns the root node of XML to a query. Finally, 'Select' keyword is used which specify the returned elements (in this case all the root node elements) LINQ to Objects provides many query methods accepting IComparer<T> or IEqualityComparer<T>. For these scenarios, LINQ to XML provides 2 built-in comparers: XNodeDocumentOrderComparer, which implements IComparer<XNode>. Its Compare method simply calls XNode.CompareDocumentOrder. Its instance is provided by XNode.DocumentOrderComparer property InfoPath cannot run the specified query. The XML data returned from the data source does not match the XML Schema for this form. This discrepancy might be caused by the data source returning multiple rows when InfoPath expects only one

c# - how to use XPath with XDocument? - Stack Overflo

1. It seems that HtmlAgilityPack doesn't support XPath containing prefix. If your html document is well-formed (valid xml), you can use XDocument or XmlDocument, both support namespace/prefix. For example, to get <cd:date> element from sample xml above using XDocument : var xdoc = XDocument.Parse (OPFFile); //or if OPFFile is file path use.
  2. How could i add a foreach loop inside the xDocument? Im producing an XML so only need to loop a few records at a specific point XDocument xDoc = new XDocument( new XDeclaration(1.0,&quo..
  3. If you attempt to parse this XML document with the function above, the LINQ query will throw an exception. Because no namespace has been used in the query, the elements book, pageData, and page will not be found. Here is a corrected version of the original function
  4. This library is more built to be used with LINQ (as the namespace say it). It allow to quickly create documents, browse elements with LINQ query. But we lose the DOM standard and XPath query. One of feature of XDocument is that we can use object as content, XDocument convert the objects to node or attribute value
  5. Hello - I have a rest webservice that returns ODATA in XML. I am able to put the XML it returns into an XDocument but all attempts to query the content fail. I think it is because the XML contains namespaces. I followed the online guidance for XML and proved that I can get at the content of the XDocument if I manually edit out all of the namespace references. Where am I going wrong please.

c# - XDocument containing namespaces - Stack Overflo

Winshuttle QUERY User Guide 10 Help ribbon selections In the QUERY, the Help tab offers the following items: A Getting Started help file. An Advanced User Guide in PDF format, which you can open from within QUERY, print, or save to your computer I am using Dapper to query a table that includes an XML field: CREATE TABLE Workflow ( Guid uniqueidentifier not null, State xml not null ) which is then mapped to a property of type XDocument: public class Workflow { public Guid InstanceId { get;set; } public XDocument State { get;set; } } but when I try to query the table, I get the following. LINQ to XML over large documents. I have been parsing WordprocessingML OOXML over the past week using LINQ to XML and it has been a great learning experience. LINQ to XML is a clean break from the somewhat antiquated DOM that we all know and tolerate, and the new API provides many improvements over the DOM based XmlDocument

Before I paste it there is only 1 XDocument, I have no idea why 2 are appearing after I paste it in. Any idea why am getting Type 'Xdocument' is not defined ? I beleive it because my host is not running ASP 3.5 but they say they are but any checks come back as 2.0. When I asked about it they said 2.0 is the same as 3.5 Hi, Am having a problem using xDocument with LINQ. Searched on the internet for days but found nothing, think the problem is everyone is using VS and am hand coding so not sure what name spaces. USING XDOCUMENT & LINQ COMBINATION. Jaish Mathews. Updated date Aug 05, 2011. 13.6 k. 0. 0. If you have XML file with data, it can be easily parsed using LINQ and the output can be displayed in a GUI control. LINQ along with XDocument made the things easy compared to previous XMLDocument element. Every one should try with this combination

One of my recent tasks at work requires some XML manipulations. This includes reading value of an XML element, changing an element value, reading values of children nodes and reading the outer XML value of an element. In this post, I'm going to show how to do these using XDocument in .Net Core. We'll use the following XML string as the exampl Working with XDocument and Namespaces That helped solve my dilemma. I couldn't figure out the correct syntax originally to query the XElement that had a namespace - your solution worked. At 2/12/11, 6:15 PM, Anonymous said. You will notice that there isn't much difference in the query from the Introduction to LINQ tip except for the fact that it now uses the XElement class which represents an XML element. The Load method of the XElement class simply loads the Customers.xml file into the XElement class. The Elements method returns a filtered collection of the child elements of this element - the Customers element. XDocument. Descendents () returns an IEnumerable<XElement> which can be used in a query directly. Conclusion: Using trees with LINQ is simple. However, there is no one size fits all solution. ↑ Return to To Start off by loading the two XDocuments - one for the words and the other for the linking information: XDocument wordDoc = XDocument.Load (AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory + \\words.xml); XDocument linkDoc = XDocument.Load (AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory + \\links.xml); Then start the linkq query in the usual way

Query an XDocument for elements by name at any depth

1. Abstract: The way LINQ queries are executed depends on the kind of data source being queried. This tutorial talks about how a LINQ query is executed and how this affects performance. The key feature of LINQ is its universal querying API independent of the target data source. However, the way LINQ queries are executed, depends on the kind of.
  2. Description. Similar to SQL Injection, XPath Injection attacks occur when a web site uses user-supplied information to construct an XPath query for XML data.By sending intentionally malformed information into the web site, an attacker can find out how the XML data is structured, or access data that they may not normally have access to
  3. System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Parse (string) Here are the examples of the csharp api class System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Parse (string) taken from open source projects. By voting up you can indicate which examples are most useful and appropriate
  4. g interface that lets the developers use LINQ (Language Integrated Query) to manage XML data. It simplifies a lot of XML data manipulation procedures, for example.

Return anonymous type from C# method. One of the new features introduced in C# 3.0 is Anonymous Types. Anonymous types provide a convenient way to encapsulate a set of read-only properties into a single object without having to explicitly define a type first. The type name is generated by the compiler and is not available at the source code level XDocument xDocument = XDocument.Load (XmlReader.Create (reader)); So , the step is to use XmlReader.Create to get a clean XML and then pass it to XDocument , as there are special characters in the stream, which the XDocument cant process directly. We also need to create XNameSpace and XName elements, which will be used to query the document for. XDocument xDoc = XDocument.Load( Documents.xml ); var query = from x in xDoc.Root.Elements( Item ) select x; XElement item = doc.Root.Element( Document ).Element( Item ); This code is basically the same as the above, the first query returns an enumerator of all the <Item> elements, the second queries the elements directly to get the. Query expression is nothing but a LINQ query, expressed in a form similar to that of SQL with query operators like Select, Where and OrderBy. Query expressions usually start with the keyword From. To access standard LINQ query operators, the namespace System.Query should be imported by default Now LINQ to XML uses XDocument for the same kind of thing. Syntaxes are much easier than XMLDocument and it requires a minimal amount of code. Also XDocument is mutch faster as XmlDocument. XmlDoucument is an old and dirty solution for query an XML document. I am going to show some examples of XmlDocument class and XDocument class class: Load.

Linq Query for xdocument - social

1. Enter an XPath query, and use the Content, Path, or Xml parameter to specify the XML to be searched. Update-Xml. The Update-XML cmdlet lets you use XPath queries to replace text in nodes in XML documents. Enter an XPath query, and use the Content, Path, or Xml parameter to specify the XML to be searched. Helpers for working with CliXml without.
  2. One overload of XDocument.Load receives a URI (file path). Since the xml file uses a namespace, we must query with the namespace AND element name. A Linq query utilizing C# 6 syntax to accommodate for the possibility of null values. Every . used in this query has the potential to return a null set if the condition finds no elements. Before C# 6.
  3. XDocument queryMessageDocument = XDocument.Parse(query); XElement queryMessage = queryMessageDocument.Root; ASMXSDMXServiceSoapClient sdmxServiceClient = new ASMXSDMXServiceSoapClient(); XElement compactDataMessage = sdmxServiceClient.GetCodeList(queryMessage); WCF Service example
  4. Configuring XmlSerializer to reproduce XDocument.Save format. Clean-up job in a recent project that uses XML to store certain data. What I found: The code reading and writing the XML files used LinqToXml to query the files and manually instantiate the XSD-generated classes. Since the purpose of the proxy classes is to simplify read, write and.
  5. XPath Tester / Evaluator. Allows you to test your XPath expressions/queries against a XML file. This tool runs better than other existing XPath online tools as it supports most of the XPath functions (string (), number (), name (), string-length () etc.) and does not limit you to working against nodes
SGMLReaderでLINQ to HTML

XDocument.Parse Method (System.Xml.Linq) Microsoft Doc

And that means you can read it into an XDocument and query it with LINQ. One nice thing about the XDocument.Load() method is that when you pass it a string, you're giving it a URI. A lot of the time, you'll just pass it a simple filename. But a URL will work equally well. Here's how you can read the title of a blog from its RSS feed, using the. LINQ to Entities Query Creation and Execution Process. Construction of an ObjectQuery instance out of an ObjectContext (Entity Connection) Composing a query either in C# or Visual Basic (VB) by using the newly constructed instance. Conversion of standard query operators of LINQ as well as LINQ expressions into command tree XDocument.Load vs XDocument.Parse. posted by: Sebastian Fernando on 04/02/2013 15:20:25. Thanks for the post. In my app I was trying to use XDocument.Parse instead of XDocument.Load and this caused exception (still do not know why), now that I replace Parse with Load everything is fine, your post saved me lots of debugging time. Cheers XDocument 4.0.0. Provides the classes for Language-Integrated Query (LINQ) to Extensible Markup Language (XML). LINQ to XML is an in-memory XML programming interface that enables you to modify XML documents efficiently and easily. There is a newer version of this package available. See the version list below for details

XDocument.Elements, System.Xml.Linq C# (CSharp) Code ..

There are two ways to do so: Using the XElement class or the XDocument class. Both the classes contain the 'Load()' method which accepts a file, a URL or XMLReader and allows XML to be loaded. The primary difference between both the classes is that an XDocument can contain XML declaration, XML Document Type (DTD) and processing instructions ThenBy or ThenByDescending is used for second level sorting in method syntax. ThenByDescending method sorts the collection in decending order on another field. ThenBy or ThenByDescending is NOT applicable in Query syntax. Apply secondary sorting in query syntax by separating fields using comma. Learn about grouping operators next

TestDome Folders- Larry MusaGet XML Document Nodes Recursively with C#

I could then use the new XDocument class within the System.Xml.Linq namespace to open and query the XML document above. Specifically, I want to filter the <Feed> elements in the XML file and return a sequence of the non-disabled RSS feeds (where a disabled feed is a <Feed> element with a status attribute whose value is disabled) XDocument doc = XDocument.Load(feedUrl.Url); Like we mentioned. RSS is nothing more then a XML document so we can easily use XDocument class. Also we can use LINQ to query the document structure. There are some differences between the RSS, RDF and Atom feeds in the document structure. Query RSS Fee LINQ to XML is an in-memory XML programming API designed specifically to take advantage of Language-Integrated Query (LINQ). Although you can call the LINQ APIs directly, only Visual Basic enables you to declare XML literals and directly access XML axis properties Here's a simple example that I have written to explain the two LINQ orderBy (Order By in Vb) properties, Ascending (low to high) and Descending (high to low). Let us assume I have an XML file with two nodes model and price under a node called base.I have saved data in the XML file in random fashion and I wish to display the result either in descending or ascending order